How to unlock icloud locked iphone x Owning an iPhone with (iCloud) locked is a problem because you can’t use the phone until you unlock it, and doing so may not be easy. Your best bet is to understand what it means to have a locked iPhone (iCloud), how to fix this problem, and what to avoid when trying to unlock it again. The instructions in this article apply to devices running iOS 7 and later.
What is an iPhone locked to iCloud?
- Another name for iCloud is Activation Lock, a feature that Apple introduced in iOS 7 to prevent iPhone thefts.
- And your iPhone or iPad turns on Activation Lock automatically when (Find My iPhone) is active. Once the feature is enabled.
- No one can delete the device, activate it on a different account, or disable Find My iPhone without entering the username (Apple ID) and password that originally set up the phone.
- Activation lock is an effective anti-theft measure.
- It is almost certain that the thief will not have the username and password (iCloud) of the person who stole his phone, and without it the phone will not work.
How do you know when an iPhone is locked to iCloud?
If you see a message on the screen that reads Activation Lock, it means that the phone is locked to (iCloud) and needs the original (Apple ID) username and password that you used to set up the phone to unlock it.
Are all (iCloud) locked phones stolen?
- Just because an iPhone displays an Activation Lock message, it doesn’t necessarily mean that it’s stolen.
- It is possible to enable Activation Lock by mistake.
- Some situations where this can happen include: Forgetting to turn off (Find My iPhone) before erasing iPhone.
- Forgetting to sign out of (iCloud) before wiping iPhone.
- If your (Apple ID) is disabled.
- In these cases, you’ll get an activation lock screen when you try to set up the phone again.
- These errors are fairly common when buying used iPhones.
- However (iCloud) lock is also a sign that there may be reason to suspect that the phone has been stolen. If you are buying a used iPhone.
- Make sure to ask if Activation Lock is disabled, and if it isn’t, don’t buy the phone.
How to unlock iPhone on iCloud?
- If you see the Activation Lock screen on the iPhone you are trying to activate, you must first enter the username (Apple ID) and password used to activate the phone, and the phone will unlock.
- And if you forgot your Apple ID password, you’ll need to reset it.
- The process becomes more complicated when you don’t have your username and password, as if you had bought an iPhone used.
- If your iPhone is locked (iCloud) to an account other than your own, you have a few options.
How to unlock icloud locked iphone x
- Ask the owner of the previous phone to enter his Apple ID account credentials on the phone.
- When the phone gets to the home screen, it should sign out of (iCloud):
- On iOS 10.2 and earlier, you need to go to Settings > (iCloud) > Sign Out.
- On iOS 10.3 and later, you should go to Settings > [your name] > Sign Out.
- When asked for their Apple ID username and password, they must enter it again.
How to remove (Apple ID) from iPhone?
- On iOS 10.2 and earlier, you have to tap Sign Out, then tap Delete from my iPhone.
- On iOS 10.3 and later, you must click Stop.
- Erase the phone again by going to Settings > General > Reset > Erase All Content and Settings.
- When the phone restarts this time, the Activation Lock screen should no longer appear.
- This is the easy way.
- The slightly more difficult method comes when the person you need to count is not physically near you. In this case, you need to remove the lock using (iCloud).
How to unlock icloud lock iphone x
- Ask the owner of the old phone to go to (iCloud.com) and sign in with his (Apple ID).
- click Select (Find iPhone).
- Select All Devices, then select the iPhone that needs to be unlocked.
- Select Erase and then follow any other prompts on the screen.
- Once the previous owner removes the phone from their account, the iPhone can restart, and the Activation Lock screen will not appear when it starts up.
How to unlock icloud iphone x
- If you’ve done any Google research on this topic, you’ve likely come across dozens of websites and forum posts claiming that other companies can bypass iCloud locks.
- Some may call themselves the “official way”.
- Whatever they say they are all scammers looking to get paid for a service they can’t provide. Apart from the iCloud lock, it is the original Apple ID used to activate the phone.
- These services that claim to bypass iCloud locks are usually just looking to take your money, or they may engage in a more complex fraud scheme.
- Some services can get around Activation Lock, but when they do, they disconnect your phone from Apple.
- You will not be able to update the operating system or activate the phone again after wiping its data, among other negatives that will happen to you.
- These are pretty big drawbacks, and it’s hard to ignore them to get a relatively cheaper iPhone.