How to add text to photo slideshow on TikTok Whether you are using TikTok for the first time or have been using it for a while, maybe you would like to know how to easily add text to a video Tok?
Don’t worry, in this guide, we will walk you step by step on the way to add text to your Tik Tok video. These are very easy steps that anyone can do.
How to add text to a Tik Tok video
Open the Tik Tok app on your phone, then after recording a video or selecting a clip you already have, go to the edit menu and follow these steps:
- In the Edit menu, tap the Texts (Aa) icon at the bottom of the screen.
- Enter the text you would like to add to the video.
- Choose your preferred color for the text by clicking on one of the color points.
- Above the color options, choose your preferred font type by clicking on its name.
- Tap the alignment bars icon to the left of the font options to align the text left, center, or right.
- Choose the A icon to add different styles to the text. For example, you can use this option to highlight text. You can keep clicking to see the available options.
- Click Done when done.
- You can now adjust the location of the text within the video.
- Click Done again after adjusting the location of the text, then click Next to upload the video to TikTok.
- It is relatively easy to add text to your TikTok clips, and you can do so from the same editing menu from which you add effects, sounds, and stickers.
And because Tik Tok has the feature of pasting more than one clip together to make one video, you can add the text to each clip individually. All you have to do is repeat the steps above.
You can also add more than one text to the same video by repeating the same steps mentioned above.
Once you are done with these steps, you can now add your captions and tags and then post the video on TikTok.
How to edit text on tik tok video
- Besides adding text to the video, you can also edit the texts after even posting the video. Follow these steps:
- To edit the text, click on it and TikTok will mark the text with a box. From the options that appear, choose Edit.
- Edit the text as it suits you, by repeating the same steps that we mentioned in the guide to adding text to a Tik Tok video.
- When finished, click Done to save the changes.
How to adjust how long a TikTok video text appears
- You can manipulate the texts as you like to show your creativity, and one of these capabilities is to set a specific amount of time in which the text appears and then disappears.
- To specify a time period for text to appear on a Tik Tok video, follow these steps:
- Click on the text you want to edit.
- Choose a Set duration from the options that appear.
- Below the following list, you can control the slider for the period you want.
- Tap the play icon at the top of the slider to view how long the text appears before it is activated.
- Once you are done editing, tap on the check icon in the lower right corner of the screen.
- With the Duration option, you can control when the text appears when someone starts playing the video, and when it disappears.
How to write text on the cover of a video Tik Tok?
- Social Media Today referred to a video clip launched by the Tik Tok application, to click on the “Select Cover” option while uploading a Tik Tok clip.
- This is the window that users will see in their profile and discovery feeds.
- New video demonstrates the ability to add custom text, with different fonts and styles, to a video’s cover photo before publishing it.
- Could be another way to attract viewers to posts, with a simplified explanation of what the user’s video is about.
- Thumbnails can play a major role in attracting video viewers – as YouTube explained:
- Thumbnails and titles act like billboards to help viewers make a decision to watch videos.
- Well-designed thumbnails and titles can attract more fans to your channel.
- You encourage viewers to watch your videos because they know what to expect, and it makes your content attractive to a wide range of advertisers.”
How to write text on tik tok video
- This is also important on TikTok, because as TikTok pointed out recently in an explanation of how the distribution algorithm works:
- “A strong interest indicator, such as whether a user finished watching a longer video from start to finish, would gain more weight than a weak interest indicator.
- Like if the creator and viewer of the video reside in the same country.”
- The video platforms are keen to give users more tips and ideas on what to expect from videos that lead to more people watching until the last second.
- Thus, improving access to content, the latest feature is adding text that helps clarify the content or goal of the video.
- It also makes it look more professional. It is also worth noting that the new option is now available in the latest version of Tik Tok.
Write text on tik tok
- Despite the obstacles that Tik Tok application faces at the moment.
- Although it may not be an appropriate time to provide updates or add new features it can be used to increase the presence on Tik Tok.
- The platform insists on this new feature to remain a huge impact.
- Many brands are increasingly interested in using Tik Tok in their marketing strategies regardless of cybersecurity considerations and data-sharing concerns.