Upgrade to windows 10 free from windows 7, we can update Windows 7 to 10 without formatting using the tool provided by Microsoft via its official website as it comes, in order to get all the new features and tools that Windows 10 enjoys while preserving all Data stored on the computer; Windows 10 is the latest operating system from Microsoft to this day, and it is the operating system that followed Windows 8.
Windows 7 to 10 update without formatting
Many people upgrade a copy of Windows 7 to a copy of Windows 10 without a CD or a flash drive to enjoy all the features that Windows 10 provides while preserving all the information that was stored on the computer; Microsoft has provided the update tool to various users who have an activated copy of Windows 7.
Backup before upgrade
It is imperative to take a backup copy of the various important information, data and files on the computer before performing the update process to ensure that this data is not lost in the event of an error during the update process, and we can take a backup copy by following the following steps:
- Click on the Start menu from the bottom panel of the screen.
- Click on the Control Panel.
- The Click on System and Maintenance.
- Choose Backup and Restore.
- Click on Set up backup.
- Determine the hard disk or floppy disk that we want to use to store the copy.
- Click on Let me choose to select the files we want to copy.
- Click on the Next icon at the bottom of the window.
- Choose Save settings and run backup.
- Wait for the operating system to finish taking the backup.
Steps to update Windows 7 to 8 for free without formatting
The following steps are taken by users of computers running Windows 7 to update the operating system to Windows 10 without formatting:
- Go to the Windows 10 system requirements page “from here” directly.
- Verify that your computer meets all Windows 10 requirements.
- Go to the Windows 10 download page directly “from here”.
- Clicking on the Download tool now icon.
- Wait for the tool to finish downloading and then run it.
- Click on the Accept icon from the upgrade tool.
- Select Upgrade this PC now.
- Click on the Next icon.
- Wait for the update process to finish automatically.
Download Windows 10
There are many ways that you can follow to download and install Windows 10 on your computer, including the following:
- Ensure that your computer meets the requirements to run Windows 10.
- Put the Windows 10 DVD into the drive.
- Restart the computer and choose to boot from the floppy disk using the DVD.
- Select the appropriate language from the dropdown list.
- Click on Install Windows Only.
- Determine which partition we want to use to install the system.
- Follow the instructions that appear on the screen to complete the process.