Samsung Cloud service allows users of Samsung Galaxy phones – running Android 7.0 or later – to get 15 GB storage space for free to easily back up, sync and restore the content saved in the phone, and there are also paid upgrade options.
what is samsung cloud drive
(Samsung Cloud) service is characterized by that it allows you to retrieve your data or phone settings in case it is lost or stopped working, in this way, you will never worry about losing your important files or data, and you can view it smoothly across all your devices.
You can back up your phone and SIM card contacts, calendar events, call and message logs, home screen layouts, music apps, documents and audio recordings, and sync your data across all the apps you use.
how to setup samsung cloud account
- Open the (Settings) application in your phone, and press the option (Accounts and Backup).
- Click on the (Samsung Cloud) option.
- You may be required to set up 2-step verification for your Samsung account.
- Select the relevant permissions on the Agreement Terms screen.
- Enter your phone number, click verify, and the service will start connecting you to your Samsung Cloud account.
- On the next screen, you will see the amount of storage used so far, the storage plan you are currently using, and the details of the synchronized data or files stored.
- Click on the three dots on the top right of the screen, then click on the (Settings) option.
- Here you can turn off sync and backup while data is connected, and enable sync over Wi-Fi only option.
- Click on the option (Sync and auto backup).
- Under the Sync tab, turn on the toggle next to the data you want to sync.
- Click on the “Sync Now” option to manually sync the data for each of the options you have selected.
- Go back to the main menu and click on your name to see your available storage and current usage.
- Click on the option (Back up this phone) if you want to backup your data manually.
How to access Samsung Cloud using a web browser
If you are using a web browser, you can access your Samsung Cloud account but you will not be able to add any files, and to do so follow these steps:
- Go to this link, then click on the Sign In button, and enter the registration information.
- Once in, you will see all the videos, photos and other files that have been backed up from your Galaxy phone, the size of the backup and more.
Note: Samsung will delete any data that you stored in Samsung Cloud if you have not used it for more than 12 months, whether it is contacts, photos, calendar, or others, and you will not be able to recover any data deleted after this period has passed, but you will receive a notification before this data is deleted.