With social media, there are times when we post something, change our mind, and delete the post. But have you ever done this and then changed your mind again, wishing you could re-post?
Instagram gives you a way to see and recover your deleted posts and stories. You have 30 days from the time you delete the item to get it back. After that, it’s gone forever.
So if you want to recover a post or story on Instagram and your time isn’t running out yet, here’s how to do it.
how to find deleted stories on instagram
You can see the posts and stories you delete on Instagram by going to the settings area of the app. So open Instagram on your iPhone and do the following.
1) Go to your profile and tap the menu button in the top right.
2) Specify the settings.
3) Choose the account.
4) Towards the bottom, select Recently Deleted.
You can switch between the Posts and Stories tabs at the top to view Deleted Items.
Once you reach the “Recently Deleted” section above, you will see the number of days remaining for each post and story. This is the number of days you have left to recover the item before permanently deleting it. Here’s how to recover an item.
1) Select the post or story to watch.
2) Click on the three dots on the top right of the item.
3) Choose Restore and confirm by clicking Restore again.
4) You may be asked to confirm that you want to return the item. If so, follow the prompts to send the email to your account and enter the security code to verify that you are authorized. After that, follow the above-mentioned steps to get the post or story back.