windows 10 brightness slider missing
The screen brightness control option has disappeared in Windows 10, the Windows Brightness Control slider is a very important utility for Windows users.
If it is not working properly then this should be fixed immediately.
Brightness control lets you keep your eyes from unnecessary straining and saves battery life while working at a computer for long hours.
You can always change the brightness settings as per your needs.
However, sometimes you cannot adjust the brightness.
If you are facing the same issue then this guide is for you
Windows 10 brightness slider not working
Usually, the screen brightness control not working error appears due to display drivers or Windows power settings.
Also, the first trick to apply when you are not able to control Windows screen brightness involves restarting your computer or checking for a Windows update.
If this trick doesn’t work for you, then you can try the solutions listed below
Method 1: Update Display Adapter Drivers
- The first and foremost way to fix the brightness control not working on Windows 10 disappearing issue is to update the Display Adapter Drivers. Here’s how to do it manually:
- Open Device Manager from the Start menu
- Head over to Display adapters and click the arrow next to to expand the list
- Now right-click on the available driver and choose Update Driver
- You will see a dialog box asking you to choose one of two options
- Select Search automatically for updated driver software, which is the first option
- Wait for the process to finish. Once done, restart your PC to apply the changes. And make sure that the screen brightness control bar has returned to your device
To enable the Adaptive Brightness option on Windows, follow these steps:
- From the Start menu or search box, open the Control Panel
- From the Control Panel menu in Windows 10, select the Hardware and Sound option or field
- In the next interface, go down to the last option which is Power Options
- On the next screen, you will see Change plan settings highlighted in blue. Click on it
- Then, click on the option to Change advanced power settings
- In the new window, click on Display to open more options
- Change the available options to the desired settings as you need them to. Finally, click on Apply, then OK
can’t adjust brightness windows 10
Method 3: enable PnP Monitor
If the last method does not work, you can try to enable Monitor PnP. Here’s how to do it:
- Open Run window by pressing Win + R key together. Now, type devmgmt.msc to open the device manager in Windows device
- Click on the Monitors option and expand the list
- You will see a Generic PnP monitor option. Right-click on it to check if it is enabled
- If not, tap on the enabled device. If it is enabled, disable it
- Now, head over to the Action tab at the top of the Device Manager window
- Then select the Scan for hardware changes option. And then run the scan for these devices. And that’s all there is to it