Is your windows 10 computer or laptop slowing down more than usual? Are you looking for your files but can’t seem to find them even though you didn’t delete them? Do you want to sell your windows 10 pc but worried that some stranger might have access to all of your personal data? Or just thinking of getting a fresh reset to your pc?
If the answer is yes to one of the questions asked above, then maybe it’s time for you to wipe your windows 10 computer.
How to Wipe your windows 10 computer from your windows start menu
If you want to wipe your windows 10 computer but don’t know where and how to start, continue reading we’re going to show you how to do it in 6 easy steps.
Let’s get started
- First you have to open the settings from the windows start menu
- tap update & security then select recovery
- Under reset this pc, you’ll find get started button tap it.
- Your screen will show two options: Keep my files and remove everything. Tap on keep my files if you want to save them. If you choose remove everything, windows will ask you if you want to clean the drives, too. Tap Remove files and clean the drive.
- Make sure not once or twice but three times, that you have backed up your files before you choose to remove everything.
- Tap on continue. Don’t worry if it takes some time, this process might take a few hours to wipe windows 10 computers.
How to reset windows 10 computer from reboot menu
If you want to wipe your windows 10 computer, but can’t access settings on your pc for some reason. You can either try to install the latest update available for your windows 10 pc or create a new user account.
If you still can’t access your settings after applying these steps, then the previously mentioned method (the 6 easy steps method) won’t do the trick, but keep calm because we got you covered. We’re going to talk you through a guaranteed way step by step to wipe your windows 10 computer.
Turn on your pc and take the following steps
- Press the windows key and L from your keyboard, this step will take you to windows sign-in screen.
- Now, hold the shift key while pressing the power button then hit restart, it will restart your pc in Windows Recovery Environment.
- A list of options will appear on the screen click troubleshoot then reset this pc.
- Then choose whether you want to keep your files or remove everything.
- Click continue and within a few hours you’re done.
As simple as it seems, it works magically. You are finished wiping your windows 10 computer successfully.
We hope this article come in handy to wipe your windows 10 computer or laptop, so that it is possible to find your peace of mind when thinking of selling your old pc on eBay or improving your computer performance.