Settings for find my iPhone, 8 years ago Apple announced the feature to find the iPhone, but it was limited and later the same year 2010 provided it free of charge to all users with the release of iOS 4.2.
Settings for find my iPhone
Currently, the feature has become one of the basic things that all companies have transferred in their devices – and then they say that only Apple is transferring the benefits – the feature enables you to track your Apple devices, whether it is lost or stolen, provided that the other phone is connected to the Internet.
Of course, the majority of Apple users know everything about it, but in this article, we target the new user who may see the icon and do not know how to benefit from it.
We also tell you how to delete Apple Pay data from your lost device.
Before anything, activate Find iPhone on all your Apple devices, so you can track it even through the browser on your computer or even through the Find iPhone app from any other iPhone.
Turn on the feature to find an iPhone or an iPad
To find my iPhone what is lost mode, go to Settings> Apple ID> iCloud, and from the bottom of the list click on Find iPhone and activate it.
How to use Find iPhone on your browser?
You can use the Find iPhone feature by going to iCloud.com and do the following:
- Go to iCloud.com on your computer browser and log in to your account.
- Go to Find iPhone.
- Click on All devices or All devices, then choose the device you want to track.
How to find my iPhone
You can zoom in and out the map for close tracking, or you can choose a model from the menu at the top right, and this is an explanation of the function of each:
- Play sound or play sound even if your device is on silent or vibrator.
- You can choose this option if your device is lost at home or near you.
- Lost mode. If you use this option, you will be asked to enter a phone number that will be displayed on the screen of your lost device.
- Anyone can call you if the phone is found.
- An audible tone will also be played, so that attention is drawn to your lost phone.
- Erase If you lose hope of getting your device again, and you are worried about the data and files on it, you can delete everything remotely.
How to use the Find iPhone feature?
- Through your iPhone, you can track any device linked to your iPhone account, by following the steps below.
- Open the Find iPhone app on any of your other devices.
- Tap on the name of the device you want to track.
- Click Actions at the bottom. You have the same three options as the previous one.
How to remotely delete all of your credit accounts from Apple Pay
If you are using Apple Pay on your stolen or lost device, it is also preferable that you allow everything on it remotely through a web browser from anywhere. And that by taking the following steps:
- From any browser, go to icloud.com and log in to your account.
- Tap on Settings.
- Under the My Devices section, tap on the device you want to delete Apple Pay from. “You should see the Apple Pay logo next to any device on which the service is set up.
- Click Remove All.
Thus, you cancel Apple Pay from your lost device. We know that no one can enter with his own fingerprint to operate this service, but the matter is not without the potential for danger.
Therefore, we recommend that you investigate the safety and remove everything from
the phone in case it is lost or stolen.