Find my iPhone for mac, Electronic devices are often subject to theft; Especially in public places that are crowded with people.
Fortunately, on some systems, especially Mac OS, the Find My Mac feature is available, through which, after activating it, you can locate the device on the map in case it is lost or stolen.
In addition to making the computer resonate loudly so that you can hear it if you are in close proximity to it.
And also the ability to delete all data on it, or lock the device with a password, which is a feature within iCloud cloud services.
Find my iPhone for mac
To set up your Mac and activate the Find My Mac feature, follow the method shown in
the screenshots and the following steps:
- Go to the Apple logo, then “System Preferences”.
- After the preferences panel appears, go to iCloud, enter your Apple ID account, and then click “Sign In”.
- After that select “Use Find My Mac”, click “Next”, and then click “Allow”.
- Here, a list of the applications included in the iCloud service will appear. Check “Find My Mac” and click “Allow” if it is not activated.
- After that, in case you lost your Mac, you can locate it and make the commands that were mentioned in the introduction by going to www.icloud.com and then entering your Apple ID account to access the service.
- Then click on Find My iPhone, enter the password for the Apple account (if prompted) and click Sign In.
- The location of the device will appear on the map, and in the middle click on the drop-down list of All Devices and select your Mac.
- After that, a window of commands that can be done will appear, press Play Sound to make the device ring, or press Lock and set the password to lock the device, and the option to Erase Mac to delete all files.
- It is reported that the service is available on iOS devices through the Find My iPhone application in the Apple Store, through which you can do the same idea in finding your Apple devices.
All devices must be associated with a single account for easy management.
And it is recommended that when your device is stolen, you inform the responsible authorities
in your country to deal with this problem, and do not try to restore it yourself.
Use the “About This Mac” feature
From the Apple menu at the side of the screen, choose “About this Mac.”
You should see an overview of your Mac, including the model name and serial number.
If you see a window like this, double-click the model number under “OS X” to display the serial number.
Use of system information
- The System Information app also displays your Mac model and serial number.
- Open the application, then select “components” on the right side of the “System Information” window.
- The model name and serial number appear on the left side.
- Look at the outside of your Mac, or see the original packaging, receipt, or invoice as shown on the Product ID page for your MacBook Pro, MacBook Air, MacBook, iMac, Mac mini, or Mac Pro.
- Log in to appleid.apple.com, then find your Mac in the “Devices” section.
- If you see a Mac there, click on its name to see the model name and serial number.